The Diary of Finnegan the Otterhound

These are the adventures of me, Finnegan the Otterhound, as I discover new things every day, living in London, one of the best cities in the world.

Monday 19 April 2010

Spring Days (or) Otterhounds are better than tennis

I had such fun today. Before going to the park we went to visit the pet shop and I got a new ball, a chew toy and some treats! Then we went to the park and it was a great afternoon. First, I decided rather spontaneously to join a football game (that's soccer for those of you reading in Australia or the US). It was such fantastic fun, although I wasn't quite sure which side I was on (it was 2 a side, so I made things a little uneven), but I managed to trip up a player so his son very happily said I was on his side!

Then, after my football match, I went running and running with Leo. He is so fast, I can never catch him, but fortunately he runs back and forth a lot, so that even if I stood still in the same place, I could make it look like I was winning the race, by running ahead while he was on the way back. See, it was a rather effective strategy. I look like I'm really fast!

After we ran and ran we met some girls who really liked me. And their mum thought I was great. I may not be the only Otterhound in central London for long! Anyway, we all ran back and forth, and they were a bit slower than Leo, so I even managed to run ahead at times.  Here I am with my fans. I am really quite charismatic I think, especially with the ladies.

But Leo didn't really feel left out, as he got lots of attention today. Another family came over to say hello because they noticed Leo and they were big fans of Bedlington Terriers. So am I! In fact he got the most attention today, as the place was overrun with Bedington Terrier fans.

Anyway, we kept running around until I spotted a group of grown-up ladies having a picnic. I ran into the middle of the picnic, but they seemed less enthusiastic than my younger fans. So my young fans rescued me (for some reason all the grown-ups I was with pretended not to know me!) and I resumed running back and forth with the girls until they had to leave for their tennis lesson. But if their protests are anything to go by, Otterhounds are better than tennis!

I hope I see them again soon, they were buckets of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment