The Diary of Finnegan the Otterhound

These are the adventures of me, Finnegan the Otterhound, as I discover new things every day, living in London, one of the best cities in the world.

Friday 23 April 2010

Green green grass

Yesterday in the park, I discovered how absolutely brilliant it is to roll in the grass.

We were playing in the park and one of our friends joined us (he is German, I have friends from everywhere!) and I was so excited I ran and jumped over Leo and rolled in the grass. Although that roll was actually a bit of an accident, what a wonderful discovery (I hear that a lot of the best discoveries are actually accidents) I rolled and rolled!

I also discovered joggers for the first time. These are people who run, but not to get anywhere. Now I, better than anyone, can understand that running is fun, so having no particular destination isn't necessarily an issue. But one of these joggers kept running very strangely - he kept kicking himself in his own bottom. And then, completely without warning, he started running backwards! This was so hilarious that I barked at him. What else could I possibly say?

Then there was a woman walking along nearby, so I ran up and said hello and she gave me a little cuddle. But then she lay down in the grass doing funny stretches with her legs. So of course I jumped on her as of course this was in invitation for a cuddle. Apparently though I had this all wrong, and so I was "retrieved." But she seemed very good-humoured about it all, considering that I now weigh almost 30kg.
There was also a large group of people standing in a circle doing strange movements. One of the people was telling the others to do strange things, and then they all did them. She must have had very special treats in her pocket to get them to do some of the things they were doing. Anyway, we all sat on the nice grass and watched this curious spectacle. But after a while, it got so silly I jumped on my German friend and removed his glasses. So funny.

What a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment