The Diary of Finnegan the Otterhound

These are the adventures of me, Finnegan the Otterhound, as I discover new things every day, living in London, one of the best cities in the world.

Thursday 24 February 2011

All quiet on the North London front

Well, I have been very quiet I know, but it's not for lack of excitement. Let's see ... I went to the Battersea Reunion Day in September (with Leo the Bedlington Terrier, who is of course a Battersea alum - here he is on the right in his fancy dress), I went to Discover Dogs at Earls Court in November (where I starred on the Otterhound Stand again), it snowed in London in December and we played in the snow in Islington Green, and I went shoe shopping in a shoe shop! As a picture says a thousand words, I think I will just show you the pictures.

A couple of highlights though. I got a little bit bus sick on the Number 19, and the bus driver was not very gracious about it. He was driving like a crazy person, so it's no wonder my Battersea Reunion treats "reunited" in my mouth and on the floor of the bus. My entourage was very swift with the baby wipes, alcohol spray and paper towels. But nevertheless, there was quite a to do about it. So Number 19 buses are off my list. But here I am (on the left) on the bus in my Battersea Reunion tag, about a mile before the "incident".

But I had a totally different experience coming home from Discover Dogs at Earls Court. I went for my first tube ride on the way (without incident!) and then on the way home, so many people piled on at South Kensington that we decided to get off (in case my lunch came up). But it was so crowded, Leo couldn't get off as well. So they went on to Knightsbridge. Now, as we all know, Leo can be carried on the escalator. Not so for me as I am now rather big (just over 40kg!). To our dismay, however, one had to take an escalator to the emergency stairs. We used the help phone to see where the emergency stairs were, and they directed us to an escalator! Alas, we were stuck. But not to worry, the wonderful man at South Kensington tube said, "Wait right there, I will be there to help you." And within minutes, he had stopped the escalators! And we ran up, with an audience of seemingly hundreds waiting for the escalator to re-start. The South Kensington tube man then helped us to the stairs so we could leave. He was so lovely! So South Kensington tube gets 5 Finnegan stamps!

Valerie's in Bloomsbury were also very accommodating the other weekend when we had lunch there after shopping in Fopp in Gower St (5 stamps!). 3.5 stamps for Valerie's (because obviously we can't eat inside ... otherwise would be 5)
Finally, I have also been shopping at Spice shoes in Islington. I even had my photo taken in the shoe store by some fans who work there. Here I am on the right, posing for photos. They were so lovely to me. And of course, we left with some lovely new shoes (not for me though). Another 5 stamps for sure!

Leo and I have also started a new venture together - Dogs at Law - for lawyers and their dogs. We are hoping to plan lots of exciting social events so I hope we will see some of you soon.

Finally, a thought for the day. I have heard that the stupider you are the more energy you have. That worries me a little, as I am always full of beans and Leo is always exhausted. Although that could just mean I am surrounded by brilliance. I am sure that is it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving me your blog address in Crufts! Finnegan was such a lovely dog and thanks to him, I know at least something about otterhounds now. I checked the situation of the breed in my home country Finland and it's not good. In 2010 there was only 9 puppies (3 litters) born and to make things worse, almost all of them are closely related to each other. Well, I really hope that here in the UK you are able to save this breed - I kind of fell in love with them! :)

    ReplyDelete