The Diary of Finnegan the Otterhound

These are the adventures of me, Finnegan the Otterhound, as I discover new things every day, living in London, one of the best cities in the world.

Thursday 20 May 2010

Girls! Girls! Girls!


Today I went to see my vet, Steve. I'm not sick, just getting a check-up and getting weighed. I love my vet. I haven't seen him since I was 8 weeks old because I kept accidentally going in on the day he's not there. So I checked and now I know his days and ask for him especially. Steve was very pleased with how much I'd grown, and said I was very handsome and I have a lovely personality. Mostly people very rarely have both, so I am very pleased to hear this. And I am now 34.5kg! After I weighed myself, Leo (who was with me for moral support) jumped on the scales (he is so clever he weighs himself for Steve) and he is now 13.4kg (so he's lost a bit of holiday weight running away from me). Steve was so impressed we both got treats. And lots of hugs and scratches. I love my vet.

Afterwards, we went to the park. We walked down the street, my happy slobber flying in the beautiful summer breeze (it's quite a spectacular display when I shake my head). There were a lot of dogs there, including an Elkhound I last saw when I was quite little, called Brodie. I am now taller than Brodie! I also met a Newfoundland (he was taller than I am !) and played with a beautiful Miniature Schnauzer (quite a gorgeous little girl), a Golden Labrador (she was really so very pretty) and a little Spaniel (she was also very pretty and positively coquettish) and a very captivating white German Shepherd (she too was rather nice) ... I think I have discovered girls. Or they have discovered me ...

Here I am running with my new platinum blonde friend. We were so fast!

And here I am in an action shot - look at my ears! They are straight up in the air like my girlfriend's! No strings involved!

And then, completely unexpectedly, my German friend happened across us as he was walking into the office (remember, the one whose glasses I like to steal). So we chatted away and played. I didn't try to remove his glasses today, however. 

I also came across a Border Collie playing fetch ... although it was a very unfamiliar version of the game. The man threw the ball, the Border Collie ran to get it, and then stood there waiting for the man to catch up and fetch it. I thought to myself they had the game a bit wrong, so I decided I would fetch the ball and take it back to the man. Oddly enough, he seemed completely unfamiliar with this version of the game, and his utterly humourless Border Collie kept telling me off. So once again, I was retrieved. Really, someone should tell them how "fetch" is supposed to work if they want to avoid future misunderstandings with other dogs in the park.

Afterwards we all went for coffee and croissants at one of my favourite cafes. I could lie in the sun and watch all the dogs walk past and get the occasional pat from a new admirer. I do like these warm summer days!



No comments:

Post a Comment