The Diary of Finnegan the Otterhound

These are the adventures of me, Finnegan the Otterhound, as I discover new things every day, living in London, one of the best cities in the world.

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Do dogs play tennis?

Yesterday Leo and I played with my Moon Dog that I got at Crufts. It squeaks, which makes it one of my favourite toys, and it has bits we can grab and play tug of war.


Leo had one leg and I pulled on the other. It was fantastic fun, we did it for ages. But eventually, we moved onto tennis balls. This was largely in consideration of the welfare of Moon Dog.


These weren't ordinary tennis balls but doggy tennis balls, complete with paw prints decorated on the side (I guess so you can tell the difference before you go out for a game). These are interesting because they are absolutely useless for bouncing, which to be quite honest is the best part, so Leo and I proceeded to take them apart instead, as this is the most fun you can have with a ball that doesn't bounce.

So anyway, if they really think dogs are interested in tennis, then they have to start making balls that bounce. If you don't make for dogs tennis balls that bounce, then they are never going to play tennis are they?

Oh yes, and also, they should make balls that Leo and I can't dismantle in a 15 minute sitting.















No comments:

Post a Comment